Call for Applications: 2018-2019 UP Diliman International Student Exchange Program
The Office of the Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs (OVCAA) through the Office of International Linkages Diliman (OIL Diliman) is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 UPD International Student Exchange Program. May we request you to disseminate these opportunities to your students who may want to be considered for this program?
UP Diliman students who meet the following qualifications are eligible to apply:
- Undergraduate students who are currently enrolled;
- Sophomore or Junior standing with a Cumulative GWA of 1.75 or better;
- Must be at least 18 years old by September 2018;
- Willing to learn a new language, if needed;
- Willing to engage in return service activities for UP Diliman upon return from exchange program (e.g. assistance to inbound exchange students during registration period, assistance in international-related campus events, report on student exchange experience, etc.)
List of required documents:
- Filled-out UPD ISEP Application Form
- 1-page Curriculum Vitae
- Latest True Copy of Grades with GWA computation
- Two (2) recommendation letters from UP professors addressed to: The International Student Mobility Evaluation Committee
- Essay on why the student wishes to be an exchange student (500 words, Arial size 12)
- Photocopy of student’s Form 5 for the Second Semester AY 2017-2018
- Photocopy of student’s valid passport (if not available, copy of appointment for passport application)
- Conforme signed by parent/legal guardian
The application documents can also be downloaded at http://bit.ly/18-19UPDISEP. Please note that only UP e-mail addresses (@up.edu.ph) can access the link.
Successful applicants will receive tuition waiver for the exchange program duration in their selected host university. Additional financial support may be availed through the UP-OIL Mobility for Vigor and Excellence (MOVE UP) Program.
Pre-qualified applicants will be interviewed by members of the International Student Mobility Evaluation Committee from 16-20 April 2018. Short-listed applicants will be lined up for programs that we have already confirmed with partner universities and for upcoming programs that we will be receiving until September 2019. We will also consider applicants for Short-term (less than one semester) mobility programs.
More information about the possible host universities and entitlements can be found in the attached document.
All application documents must be received by Ms. Aura Fe Julia Carbonilla not later than 5:00PM on 13 April 2018 at Room 102, DILC Buidling, Magsaysay Avenue corner Apacible Street, UP Diliman, Quezon City (near NCTS/Sundial and Computer Center).
For queries and detailed information, please contact Ms. Aura Carbonilla at 981-8500 local 2561 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Students may also refer to the following Facebook page for further announcements: www.facebook.com/international.upd