1. Home
  2. Docs
  3. Student Mobility
  4. Study in UPD

Study in UPD

You may access the information you need to study in UP Diliman as an international student here


Freshman Admission

Foreign applicants who graduated or is graduating from a secondary school/home school abroad and has not enrolled in college may be admitted to the freshman class by automatic admission or by taking the UP College Admission Test.

Requirements for Automatic Admission can be found on here

Transfer Application of Foreign Students from Other Schools or Universities Abroad including Second Degree Applicants

UP Diliman accepts Foreign Transfer Studen Applications during the First Semester of each Academic Year only. Detailed procedures can be found here

Graduate Application for Foreign Students

International students interested in applying for UP Diliman graduate programs should apply directly to the Academic Unit hosting the degree program they are interested in. To know more about the admission requirements of each college, please check the website of the respective academic unit. The detailed admission process can be found here


International students with the following visa may study in UP Diliman:

Immigrant Visas
Child born of an immigrant mother
Child born subsequent to the issuance of immigrant visa of the accompanying parent (13C)
Immigrant visa by marriage (13A)
Permanent Resident Visa (PRV)
Returning former natural-born Filipino citizen (13G)
Returning Resident Quota Visa (13)
Non-Immigrant Visas
Special non-immigrant visa (47a2)
Student Visa (9F)
Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)
Accredited Official for Foreign Government (9E)
Pre-arranged Employment Visa (9G)
Temporary Visa (9A)
with Special Study Permit Special Resident Retirees Visa (SRRV)

OIL Diliman assists in the visa conversion to student visa, 47a2 visa (for exchange students), and the Special Study Permit for non-degree international students. (New module for visa application)

Enrollment Permit

Every semester, international students need to secure an enrollment permit from OIL Diliman to be properly assessed for the semester. OIL Diliman checks the validity of their visa and insurance to be able to legally study in the Philippines. The enrollment permit is issued once the following documents are submitted to OIL Diliman:

  1. Photocopy of Passport Biopage
  2. Photocopy of Latest Date of Arrival in the Philippines, if applicable
  3. Photocopy of visa page
  4. Photocopy of ACR i-card (front and back)
  5. Proof of insurance

{Link to Enrollment Permit (G-drive)}