The Office of the Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs (OVCAA) through the Office of International Linkages Diliman (OIL Diliman) is now accepting applications for the 2nd Semester AY 2020-2021 and 1st Semester AY 2021-2022 UPD International Student Exchange Program.
UP Diliman students who meet the following qualifications are eligible to apply:
- Undergraduate and graduate students who are currently enrolled;
- Sophomore or Junior standing with a Cumulative GWA of 1.75 or better (1.5 or better for Graduate students);
- Must be at least 18 years old by September 2020;
- Willing to learn a new language, if needed;
- Not a previous exchange student;
- Willing to engage in return service activities for UP Diliman upon return from exchange program (e.g. assistance to inbound exchange students during registration period, assistance in international-related campus events, report on student exchange experience, etc.)
- Filled-out UPD ISEP Application Form, Conformé signed by parent/legal guardian (hard copy and online)
- One-page Curriculum Vitae
- Latest True Copy of Grades with GWA computation (include transcript from previous school, if transferee)
- Two (2) sealed accomplished recommendation forms from UP professors (form included in the application packet)
- Essay on why the student wishes to be an exchange student and defend university choices (500-750 words, Arial size 12)
- Photocopy of student’s Form 5 for the Second Semester AY 2019-2020
- Photocopy of student’s valid passport (if not available, copy of appointment for passport application)
- Attend at least one ISEP Caravan (Check schedule on our Facebook page);
Please note that only UP e-mail addresses (@up.edu.ph) can access the online application form at http://bit.ly/ISEPonlineform. To have your UP e-mail addresses activated, please contact the UP ITDC at Room 308, Vidal Tan Hall (https://itdc.up.edu.ph/uis/faqs).
Pre-qualified applicants will be interviewed by members of the International Student Mobility Evaluation Committee from 20-24 April 2019. Short-listed applicants will be lined up for programs that we have already confirmed with partner universities and for upcoming programs that we will be receiving until April 2020. We will also consider applicants for Short-term (less than one semester) mobility programs.
Successful applicants will receive tuition waiver for the exchange program duration in their selected host university. Additional financial support for undergraduate students may be availed through the UP OIL Mobility for Vigor and Excellence (MOVE UP) Program.
More information about the possible host universities and entitlements can be found in the application packet.
Deadline for Application
All application documents must be submitted to the Student Mobility Section of OIL Diliman not later than 5:00PM on 15 April 2020 at Room 102, DILC Buidling, Magsaysay Avenue corner Apacible Street, UP Diliman, Quezon City (near NCTS/Sundial and Computer Center).
For queries and detailed information, please contact Mr. Teita Deita at 8981-8500 local 2561 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students may also refer to the following Facebook page for further announcements: www.facebook.com/international.upd.